Who's your favourite TV Chef??

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Are Cupcake Makers Worth the Money?

As you all know, cupcakes are the fashionable cake of choice, even if getting the sponge base perfect is a bit tricky.

The thing about cupcakes is that they need to be made in batches, which takes a lot of time if you are making them for a big event. This can lead to an array of sizes, shapes and tastes as you whiz from oven to icing and back again. In my experience it is very hard to ensure all the bases match.

This is what led me to buy a cupcake maker after much deliberation. I know you might think this is cheating, but I justified it craftily by arguing that it doesn't matter what you use to bake the batter, as long as you put it together yourself.

I have to admit I didn't expect it to work but it was surprisingly useful - you simply pour the batter into the cupcake shaped dips in the machine, close the lid and exactly seven minutes later you have perfectly baked cupcakes. No opening and closing the oven required. I am usually a little unsure of so called time savers but this one seemed to do the trick.

So if you have been considering one it's definitely worth a shot - it gives you a lot more time to get the icing perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment